Monday, January 31, 2011

Introductions

To begin, it seems appropriate to explain the origin of this new blog I have created.

The name, Hope, Progress and Change, are simple concepts which nearly anyone can latch onto and find something within them to resonate with. They are also broad and comprehensive enough to encompass nearly any topic, even disillusionment, regression and stagnation;)

I personally am in a place where healthy doses of these concepts are welcome. I have dedicated myself to being a full time musician these past 5 years and have finally accepted that change is in order, actually it's over due. This will be an ongoing thread among many that I hope will serve to build support for future musicians and change perceptions about how we judge and value music.

Secondly, my goal is to share products and ideas that can really make a difference in the lives of others who choose to participate and who want to learn more about the infinite expressions we have developed to meet our human needs.

My hope is that I can share things from my past, current, and future experiences that will inspire others to learn, grow, and change for the better. I believe everyone has internal resources that need to not only be recognized, but also need to be expressed appropriately. Finding ways of expressing those resources can be easy or be very hard. Often, I think it depends on the level of self knowledge one possesses.

There are essentially 2 domains where change is possible, internal and external. Internal change is a great place to focus, but external change is also important, however difficult it may be. Of the two, internal change provides the biggest, most lasting consequences.

I plan to use this simple set of concepts to look at many products, ideas and domains and I hope that this blog keeps readers interested and inspires others to do their own research and thinking.

I also would like to examine some things that may lie off the beaten path for some readers, but which provide ways of seeing things that may be new and which may inspire you to try something new. At the very least readers ca educate themselves in new areas which may they not have known a lot about.

The range of topics will include the sciences, culture, technology, business, arts, relationships, parenting, health and other elements of life in the new millennium. We are certainly in an interesting time and there is no shortage of things to discuss. I hope that this blog inspires readers to think about the topics and to make good decisions based on what is discussed.

If there was one statement that I thought was something I really focus on and that others might find helpful, it would be the following: "Know thyself".

It is attributed to Socrates among at least 5 other possible originators. The reason that it's so fundamental is that everyone has to make decisions all day long, and often the best decisions begin with self knowledge, then benefit from informing yourself in the appropriate domains of knowledge.

I look forward to your responses and hearing about your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment